It’s Christmas jumper day so it’s only right we look at the do’s and don’t’s of Christmas jumpers here at Santa Monica Polo Club!
There’s only 10 days until Santa reels out the presents (or mum, dad, boyfriend, girlfriend, mate or wife for that matter) and what better way to celebrate Christmas than with a jumper this Christmas jumper day to support save the children. Let’s look at the unwritten rules of Christmas jumper wearing!
- Pick your slogan wisely
- Are you really a ‘gangsta rapper’? Do you truly ‘eat all the pies’? Try and make a distinction between what seems like a good gag after one Christmas sherry too many, and genuine festive merriment.
- Add a (subtle) hint of tinsel
- An intarsia knit or a bit of sparkle will weather well over the years, so invest wisely.
- Embrace the Christmas spirit
- Sure, you want to look stylish, but going too winter chic defeats the fun now, doesn’t it?
- Go near a naked flame
- It’s the most flammable time of the year. Check your fabric compositions, especially when shopping on the cheap.
- Be too rude
- Remember, you’ve probably got to wear this in public at some point, so keep the festive punnery above board.
- Stitch a rogue Rude-olph
Hyde Park Junior School in Plymouth accidentally circulated a flyer featuring a knitted scene of reindeers ‘frolicking’ in the snow. The parents were outraged.
So, there you have it! Get your Christmas jumper on and enjoy your evening!
Don’t forget your new wardrobe is waiting for you with our latest range available here now. SMPC.
Leave a comment